Skip to main content

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~



Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say.

Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick.

When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of my children, which made me very sad. My daughter really has not asked for much. She wanted an Ipod Nano in hot pink, a Twilight hoody, a Twilight T-shirt, and wanted to decorate her bathroom in Hello Kitty (Target carried this at one time. It has Hello Kitty with the Eiffel Tower in the background). My son would have been happy with a couple of Playstation 3 games. My daughter also asked to volunteer at a local shelter on Christmas. She is such a giving person. Both of them understand that what is under the tree on Christmas morning isn't what Christmas is really about, but as a parent, it still hurts not to be able to get for your children their heart's desires.

Anyway, besides the wrapped gifts, there were GROCERIES! My Hubby had just asked our son if he had a couple of dollars on him to where he could run nearby to Dollar General and get some cheese to where we could have some grilled cheese sandwiches for supper, and he also asked him to pick up some eggs and cereal for breakfast. Son is really tired from working all day out in the cold. He is an electrician and was doing a rough-in all day, which means he was exposed to the elements. Hubby is sick with a bad upper respiratory infection and he didn't want to get out, and I have been feeling dizzy all day. Son was so happy when I opened the boxes and enclosed were the eggs, cereal, and cheese and he didn't have to go to the store. There was also lunch meat (more than one pack), several packs of sausage, vegetables, canned fruit, sugar, flour, mac and cheese, tuna, and boxed dinners. I can't even remember what all. I am not really sure where this came from, but you can rest assured I will find out and profusely thank whomever is responsible.

Now that Hubby and I are back working, things should be better from here on out, but this is just enough stuff to tide us over until we get our paychecks. God does know our needs and he does send just the right people into our lives at just the right time. This is not the first time this has happened to us and I am quite sure it won't be the last.

You can be somebody's CHRISTmas Miracle this CHRISTmas season with just one small act of kindness. It may not seem to you that you are doing that much, but to them it could be everything. Be a miracle this CHRISTmas season, won't you?

Comments

Helen said…
This was indeed a miracle. Now your Christmas will be so much brighter. God is good. Hugs, Helen
Monica said…
What wonderful timing! I've been in such situations myself where something/someone has pulled through when I've felt at my lowest.

I can totally relate to what you are experiencing. We haven't had it as rough but, it's been really tight. We've been eating a lot of mac n cheese, grilled cheese or quesadillas (sp) etc, Winters is when I don't have income. I had saved and thought I'd have enough until February. But, of course the IRS thought differently and wiped us out. No Christmas gifts here this year. I'm okay with that as my daughter is a young adult and fully understands.

Merry CHRISTmas!

Monica
Tawnya said…
Wow!! I am so happy for you.... I know what hard times are like... Been there and sometimes we are still having hard times... God does provide though...Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Astaryth said…
I am so happy for you guys. It is hard being out of work and/or low on funds at any time of the year, but during the holidays makes it seem even worse. This is a wonderful thing for all of you!
Rachel said…
That is an awesome thing! What a blessing! We had some good stuff recently, too, just when things looked darkest.
Missie said…
WONDERFUL! I'm actually tearing up, I'm so happy for your guys! Merry Christmas!
Amy said…
aww Suse....that's just so awesome! That made my night! :)
Cindi said…
OMGoodness...I'm soo happy for you, my eyes are tearing up...GREAT CHRISTmas for sure...
Char said…
Isn't it wonderful to discover there are still caring people in this world. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful and bountiful New Year.
OMGosh that was so great for you all. If you believe the Lord does provide.
He did for me too this year which is why I am able to shop for my children otherwise not much here.
Hope you all have a merry christmas.
Take care, Chrissie
Linda's World said…
Our Heavenly Father knows who need what. I can tell you of similar experiences that happened to me when my husband walked out & left us in 1981. Several real miracles. He knows our needs and lays it on someone's heart to help us. The good thing is a time will come when you & your family will be able to help someone else when things are bad for them. I have been able to do that on many occasions. God bless you and those who have blessed you. Linda in snowy & cold Washington state.
~Ann~ said…
That is amazing. This brought me to tears. Family is really important at times like these. I am so glad your nephews did this for you. Merry Christmas Susan.
LYN said…
the true meaning of Christmas!!

i am happy for you guys...
aims said…
This is just what Christmas is all about, isn't it? Yeah, the economy has been hurting us, too. This year, we're back to where we started from. The boy will get three gifts to represent the three gifts presented to baby Jesus. We let our gift-giving go a little overboard during the good years and have been doing without the extras this year, pretty much.
Your daughter sounds like an angel with a giving spirit! God bless her.

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!
Celeste said…
Have a Blessed Christmas.
Linda :) said…
Merry Christmas!!! :)
Astaryth said…
I just wanted to pop in and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas full of family, fun and joy.... It looks like someone has given you a headstart on that!

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan