Skip to main content

Conversation with my grandson

Picture this: I am in the kitchen making lunch for my grandson and I when he pipes up and says: "Nana, I don't want to be fat."

Me: "That's good! If you eat right and exercise, you won't be."

Luke: Nana, you're fat."

Me: "I know. Nana is trying to lose weight."

Luke: "NOOOOO, Nana! I like you the way you are! You're so warm and cozy!~

I then commenced to explain to him that fat is not a nice word and that overweight sounds a lot nicer. Don't think it sunk in lol. Ah, life through the eyes of a child.  This kid cracks me up. Little stinker. So hard to believe he is three already! Where does time go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan

Tonight...

I have learned why I have pretty much become a hermit and keep to myself. I obviously don't have sense enough to socialize or be in public. I never seem to say the right things. Is there not anybody out there that understands me and won't judge me? Is there anybody I can talk around without fear of saying the wrong thing and being misunderstood? That knows me well enough to know I do not have a mean bone in my body, and that knows I am a good person, a person worth knowing. I am repeatedly told I get too involved. If I do, it's because I care. Why does that always have to be such a bad thing? We went to Wal-Mart today to pick up a few things. My son and daughter were with me. He kept getting on to me for getting in people's way. I was oblivious. They were getting angry with me. It sux to be sick and not have a brain anymore. I will be driving and have blank-outs. Notice I did not say black out, I said blank-out. Everything I know will just leave me, my mind just goes bl