Skip to main content

Beseeching Mother Nature

Now listen here, Mother Nature! You and I have to come to some kind of understanding! In FIVE days, it will OFFICIALLY be Autumn! I don't want anymore 97 degree temps like today! I want the clear, azure sky and crisp air that comes with Autumn!
I want to get in my shed and find my Autumn decor, but I cannot do that when it is 97 degrees outside because it is even hotter in my shed! If you choose not to cooperate, I will just end up having to make some, but I can do that too!
However, I beseech you to PLEASE bring in Autumn when it is supposed to come in. I love it outside! I have been able to go out very little during the summer because the heat makes me deathly sick, and the red bugs and mosquitoes love me, but I sure don't love them! Can I help it I am so sweet? Also, the flower beds are overgrown and need weeding. 
Last year, it seems your senility was catching up with you. I mean, I know you are very old, but you didn't allow it to cool down here in the Heart of Dixie until late October! Can't we reach some kind of understanding? I'd be much obliged!
Suse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of