Skip to main content

Mary Jane































Aunt Mary took the photo of Mary Jane posed so pretty on the Victorian-looking sofa in our living room in our house in Broomfield, CO while she was visiting us from Alaska (wish I could have brought that furniture back with me to Alabama, but it would not fit on the moving truck ::sigh::). MJ's previous owner had in her records that she is part Siberian Husky and part Australian Shepherd. Her right eye is half brown and half blue while her left eye is totally brown (you can tell somewhat in the head shot pic). Sadly, she has developed glaucoma in her right eye, so it is hard to see the color now. ::sniff:: I have had people argue me down that she is a Border Collie. Border Collies usually have more white in them than MJ does. I have looked up both the Siberian Husky and Australian Shepherd and have found dogs of Mary Jane's coloring in both breeds. She loves having her belly rubbed, as you can see in the photo of my daughter and her. Lemme tell ya, this is one spoiled mutt (I say that lovingly)! She sleeps on our bed with us, many times trying to insinuate herself between Hubby and I. She was supposed to be my daughter's dog, but she has ended up really being mine because I am the one who is home with her pretty much 24/7 while they are all off at work/school. She will sit and speak for treats and she loves for you to throw her ball and she will act like she is going to bring it back to you, but when you get near to take it, she will growl playfully and want you to try to take it from her. Sometimes, her growls sound like she will tear your head off, but she is really just a big baby and very timid. I do believe if she ever thought I was in danger, she might surprise us since she is very attached to me. I love my dog who doesn't know she's a dog! Shhhh...we won't spoil it for her!~









Comments

Bookncoffee said…
Pretty dog...Your blog is pretty and fall like.
Sonya
Darlene said…
Hi Susan! I set up a blogger account, but I don't have a journal at this time. Thanks for letting me know about AOL deleting everyone's journal. Wonder why they are doing that?

Did your transcription business get easier? I know at the beginning you were having to work such long hours and go into the office some times.

Your daughter is beautiful!! :)

Take care!
Darlene
Linda :) said…
I love the set up of your blog!
Great job!!
Anonymous said…
I notice your About Me says to enjoy some Sweet Tea. We dropped my daughter off at College in Auburn AL and that is exactly what I had. I tried Grits too. Mmmm.
You daugher is gorgeous. :)
ada said…
What a cute dog! Looks like it has collie in there in the mix. Thanks for visiting!
Ada
Sage Ravenwood said…
Mary Jane is a gorgeous looking dog hon! Thanks for sharing her with us. (Hugs)Indigo
Missie said…
You changed your layout! Looks good.
~Ann~ said…
WoW
Your journal is amazing. I guess you know your way around blogger. I am so confused.

Beautiful Dog!

I will be back.

Oh by the way, how are your shoulders doing?

Ann
betty said…
I love your blog Susan! so very nice and colorful!!!

Mary Jane and Koda could be kissing cousins with them being spoiled; is she a bed hog? I don't know how one small corgi can take up 2/3 of a bed but he does; its funny sometimes to wake up in the middle of the night and to see my husband half off the bed and me at the edge of the bed and the corgi in the middle taking up a lot of room; we have a queen size bed and we joked if we got to a king size it would still be too small of a bed

she's a beautiful dog! and like Mary Jane, Koda was supposed to be my son's dog, he's more of my hubby's with a touch of fondness for me since I'm home all day too with him (and yes I have to keep reminding him he is a dog :)

take care of yourself; I know you've had rough times

betty
Lisa said…
Loved the pictures! I like the way your journal looks! So nice stopping by to see pics of your family.
Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of