Skip to main content

Wow!

Dear Journal,

Can't believe it has been a month since I posted. Time has gone by so fast since my last post! A lot has happened since then. My cousin died at only 39 years old on July 2nd. Her death was ruled an accidental overdose. She died on a Friday, we were supposed to have her funeral on that Wednesday. We didn't. What a horrific nightmare that has become. Long story. Too late and too tired to explain right now.

I started college fulltime on July 12th. So far, I am finding it really rewarding and challenging at the same time. I have a current GPA of 96.77. I am really proud of that. Doubt it will stay up there like that when I have to take Math. It is not my strong suit at all.

I got an update on Adam from his brother, Josh. He actually ate something on his own and was looking around on his own. Such great news considering every bone in his face was broken after that horrific motorcycle accident on June 11th. Please keep praying for him, he has a long road of recovery ahead of him.

I have more to say, but it's late and I'm very tired, so I will say farewell for now.
Happy Blogging!
Susan




Comments

Jenny said…
I've started blogging again after a long break must admit facebook has rather taken over. It would be nice if it could get back to how it was on AOL but i doubt that will happen. Be blessed.
Jenny <><
Tawnya said…
Sounds like you have had your hands full! As have I with school and other assorted family stuff.
Missie said…
Time times fly bye. I can't believe it's August. I haven't had a chance to do anything fun this summer.

Have a good week.
Susan it seems ages since we last spoke ~ hope all is well with you and yours ~ Nice to hear from you ~ Ally x
mtrib2 said…
Hi Susan I have read and scrolled down your page and viewed the photos'. Your husbands nephew Adam must need all the prayers he can get, so I will say mine for him also. I have been printing out my 13 by 19 inch HP prints for my family as my Mom, sister, and nephew will be visiting this week. I got the printer on sale this year from HP and it was $100 after a $50 rebate for sending in an old HP that would no longer work properly. It is the inks and paper now that cost more than the printer. Buying the XL cartriges with coupon's and promotions has cut down the cost of ink. I wonder how photography school approaches the printing of photos' now that you will be doing a lot of printing. I have heard that the cost of paper for photo major's in the past with regular film developing was costly. Thanks for visiting my journal/blog and have a good summer remaining. mark/salty
Missie said…
I wanted to let you know that I have a new blog name and address.

http://missie-itsmyturnnow.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of