Skip to main content

New Quarter-New Assignment




Dear Journal,


I can't believe it is a new quarter in school already and I have three classes under my belt now with a total of 3 college credits! I have two As and a B+, with a GPA of 3.70, so I am really quite proud of myself. I am attending The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division and am enjoying it so far immensely. I am going for my Bachelor of Science Degree in Photography.


My new class was to be Color Theory, but I was not enjoying that class at all because it uses Adobe Illustrator software in which I am not familiar. I talked to my Academic Advisor and told her I was very lost in this class. I almost took a month off because I have a lot going on, but, in the end, I decided it would be a bad idea. I felt like if I left now I would never come back. I've done that once before with The Institute of Children's Literature when I was much younger. I am angry with myself now for not finishing that course after I paid for it. To finish it now, I would have to pay an additional $600+ that I don't have, and I don't want to be a quitter again. I plan to finish what I started this time!


I am taking Transitional English this time along with an Adobe Illustrator workshop. Maybe next time Color Theory rolls around, I will be much more prepared to take it. One of my assignments in my textbook is to write in a journal for 15 minutes a day. I have been severely neglecting this journal for quite a while now, so I plan to come back and write in it again and keep up my journal per my textbook assignment. I hope to polish my writing skills while taking this English class. I am loving it so far! Will keep you posted!


Happy Blogging!


Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of