Skip to main content

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!~




Our Christmas was wonderful! How about yours? Please leave me comments telling me what you did.
On Christmas Eve, we went to my MIL's house. We baked cookies, made finger foods, sang Christmas carols and just had a good old-fashioned fellowship. I have two brother-in-laws and an uncle-in-law who are very talented when it comes to playing the guitars and banjo. My SIL brought her keyboard over and played with them while we sang Christmas carols. It was such a fun evening.

On Christmas Day, my children, Hubby, and I just kind of took it easy until time to go to my cousin's house where we ate lots of great food and played Dirty Santa. Nobody really had any money to spend on gifts, so we bought our Dirty Santa gifts at Dollar Tree. I think we had more fun with those gifts than when we used to set the $15 dollar limit. After we left my cousin's, we came back home and watched Christmas movies/shows on TV.

On the 26th, Hubby, Daughter, and I took off for Atlanta. We had to meet her BFF's Mom on the other side of Atlanta. Her BFF's family lives near Greenville, S.C. They paid for my daughter to go with their daughter and her church's youth group to West Virginia on a ski trip as a Christmas gift to my daughter. She will be gone until next Sunday, so I am sad she won't be here for New Years, but happy she got to go on the trip. Hoping and praying they have a safe trip with no injuries and we are very much looking forward to hearing about her trip when she gets back.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and we wish for all of you a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year!

Susan

Comments

Helen said…
I am glad that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Our children came here all except my son and DIL. He was sick. We pitched in with different dishes. We also played Dirty Santa and had a good time. Ken and I didn't go anywhere. Have a Happy and prosperous New Year. Helen
Missie said…
Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year to you! I had family over on Christmas. We have no plans for New Year's as of yet.
Linda's World said…
Sounds like you did have a wonderful Christmas celebration. A time to be with family and friends. I never thought of baking cookies on Christmas Eve, what a fun thing to do. Linda in Washington state
kelly said…
I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas... We went to my mom's like we always do.., although Kim was not there it was still a nice Christmas.. Family is important to me, and I am blessed to have such a wonderful family!!
hugs
Kelly~
Brenda Grolle said…
Hello, I've just started following your blog. What a beautiful picture for this post. It makes me wish I was there!

It sounds as if you had a wonderful Christmas full of blessings!

We had a weird Christmas in that we had no family over, nor did we go anywhere. Our 12-year-old was recovering from leg surgery, so we thought it best to lay low. Time with extended family is always precious, although exhausting, but we rather enjoyed the quiet, just me, my husband, our son, and daughter.

Looking forward to many more of your posts!
Anonymous said…
Christmas was good...fun...and happy...and we brought in the New Year with whistles, kisses, hugs, and confetti (which took about an hour to vaccuum LOL)...glad all is well and you did good...and that dirty santa sounds like alot of fun..LOL...Happy New Year to you and yours...Ora in KY

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of