Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to my MIL!~


Today is my mother-in-law's 81st birthday, so I want to take a moment to wish her a very Happy Birthday today! Happy Birthday, Mom! I have been with her son for 32 years, so she is truly like a 2nd mother to me.

Thanks so much for the prayers for my Hubby's cousin, Adam. He has finally been removed from ICU to a regular room. Please keep praying for him. They did the reconstructive surgery on his face Friday two weeks ago. Last I heard, he was still in a medically-induced coma to keep him from pulling out his lines and tubes. Aunt Joyce (his grandma) said his eyes were still swelled shut. I guess so, since every bone in his face was broken! They are not sure he will regain his sight, especially in one eye. Adam is only 25, so I would really appreciate continued prayers for him. Let this be a lesson to all who ride motorcycles! WEAR A HELMET!

My hubby and I will be empty nester's soon. I have pretty much decided I am going back to school for photography. I need something to keep me busy since I won't have any more kids at home. I've raised my family, now it's time for some ME time! :) I will surely miss my baby girl though! ::sniff, sniff::

Happy Blogging!

Susan

Comments

Jeanie said…
I wish you all the best when you get to your 'me time' classes for photography.
I will also keep your hubby's cousin Adam in my prayers. Such a young chap to have such a life threatening accident.
I wish him well.
Congratulations to our MIL too. She looks well for her age.
Thank you also for calling by my journal and telling me you voted for my entry. Bless you!
Jeanie
Missie said…
I'm so glad to hear the cousin in now in a regular room. Good news!

Happy Birthday to your MIL!

Have a good week.

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of ...

Pray For Me and/or Hold Good Thoughts For Me!~

I'm the mouse here. I have had a most emotionally draining day and could so use prayers and/or good thoughts. I thank you in advance. Susan

I Want Me Back!~

Graphic courtesy of my friend, Linda (fasttrack58) Conversation between Hubby and me: HUBBY: "Where is my wife? I want my wife back." ME: "I don't know. I want her back too!" Since this thing called menopause has settled into my life, I am so not the sweet humble person people are used to. For several years now I have been "losing" myself. Menopause has made me evil, and the kicker is I really cannot help it. Not only has it changed my personality, but I have the mouth of a sailor. I am sure my minister Father has turned over several times in his grave. Even my own mother has commented on it. I am so not proud of it. It has gotten to where I am afraid to leave my house because I am afraid I will go off on somebody and live to regret it or greatly embarrass myself. My husband went with me a little while back to the vet to pick up one of our animals. I had gone off on the receptionist earlier in the day, but profusely apologized to her late...