Skip to main content

Cleanliness IS Next to Godliness!~




I have discovered just this morning there is a reason they say that cleanliness is next to godliness. I have been sick with a pretty bad upper respiratory infection for the last 2-3 weeks. It's amazing how something like that can really beat you down not just physically, but emotionally as well. Yesterday is the first day in about three weeks that I have had any energy at all. I tend to be a bit of a neat freak and being sick, things had gotten so out of order it was making me feel really depressed, so when I got up yesterday morning, I got up with a mission in mind, to get my "castle" back in order and I commenced to doing just that. I started with my daughter's room, which is on one end of our mobile home and worked my way forward. I reorganized her bedroom to hopefully make it easier for her to keep clean, I reorganized her bathroom and cleaned it. I skipped over my office because I knew that was going to take a while, so I saved it for last. I moved on to the living room and cleaned it, then the kitchen and dining area. After I got that done, I did my bedroom, and then I went back to my office.

The office is a task in itself. Whew! I have written time and time again about how I HATE, DETEST, DESPISE paperwork. I had piles and piles of mail, junk mail, sale magazines, etc. to go through. I spent an hour or so sorting. I filed everything that needed filing. I sorted through my bills. Some bills were duplicates, so I kept the most recent and put all the others in my to be shredded box. I also shred any junk mail that has our address or any personal info, so I put all that needed to be shredded in the to be shredded box. I made new folders for things that didn't have its own folder and put it accordingly in my filing cabinet. After I got completely done with all the sorting and filing, etc. I shred all the stuff that needed shredding. Now, all I have left to do is the basic cleaning such as vacumning and dusting and the office will be clean. It already looks soooooooooo much better. I am sooooooooo happy!~

After I get done with the office, I still have my pantry to clean out and my bathroom to clean, but when I get done with all of that, my house will once again be in order. Already it has made a difference in my disposition. I can vouch for the fact that there is indeed truth to the saying cleanliness is next to godliness!~

Comments

Amy said…
I still don't want to clean my house. Meh.
Cindi said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindi said…
It does make you feel better, its amazes me tho how quickly it gathers again....lol
aims said…
Oh you sound just like me! Only, I hate cleaning. But, I get terribly depressed when things are out of order so I've been depressed a lot these days. ;-) I do fine once I get started but at first, I feel overwhelmed. I have a hard time focusing on what I'm supposed to be doing. Like, if I'm sorting through the paperwork (which I also can't stand) I get sidetracked and start reading stuff until next thing I know, an hour has gone by and I've only made the place look worse, LOL! I need help.

Anyway, I'm just so glad that you're feeling better!!! Let's pray together and believe the rest of this season will remain healthy!

PS - hasn't it been cold!?!

Love ya!
Missie said…
I spent the day cleaning my upstairs bathroom and scrubbing the shower! I hate that job!

Have a good evening and I'm glad you're feeling better.
Linda's World said…
Wow, now I'm worn out just hearing what all you did. I need to clean & de-clutter but that's January & February's task. My mobile isn't big enough for my stuff. My beautiful desk is in my storage shed because I have no place to put it~I need one more room. So my dining room table has turned into a desk, which means there's no place to sit down & eat a meal like normal people do. I hate that! I hope you didn't over do, there gal! Take care & feel better soon. Linda in Washington state
Lisa said…
I agree .... when my castle is out of order I do not feel very good. I have a few things to do today as a matter of fact that will help me tremendously. Then I feel better at once. I try to make the bed everyday no matter what... and I like no dishes in the sink. Dusting, yikes, I'm sort of on and off with that. I need to vacuum today and finish up the holiday decorating... do one more load of dishes, keep changing loads of laundry, clean the fridge and then it's going to be a few hours in the office for me too. Yikes.....
Lisa
Lippy said…
There is something to be said about coincidence. You have provided some much-needed inspiration for my day tomorrow.

Does the phrase "like a bomb went off here" sound like a good clue?

I need to clean.
Linda :) said…
My house is in need of a good cleaning, I'm looking forward to new year's resolutions to get it all done....

Popular posts from this blog

Still here!~

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Been quite sick for a couple of weeks now. Will be back ASAP good Lord willin' to fill you in on the going's on in our household. Just wanted to pop in long enough to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and even my friends in the U.K. can use tomorrow as a day to remember what you have to be thankful for. Blessings!~ Susan

CHRISTmas Miracles Do Happen!~

Our family, tonight, was the recipient of a CHRISTmas Miracle. We were watching TV, the story of Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon, when we received a knock on our door. It was two of my nephews and a great nephew with two HUGE boxes. I asked them what they were doing, they said, "Delivering your CHRISTmas." It was so unexpected, I didn't know what to say. Nobody really knows the extent of how bad things have been for us lately. We have lived off of boxed mac and cheese mixed with tuna or Rice-A-Roni mixed with a small can of chicken. Some nights, we might have pasta, but without the meat. We have had egg sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have actually lost about 8 pounds, which I needed to lose, but I do not recommend doing it this way. I hugged my nephews and told them thank you. They told us Merry CHRISTmas and left. It was just that quick. When I opened the boxes, there were wrapped gifts. I did not have one gift under our tree for either of

Prayers Needed!~

Tony and his son, Joshua. My brother-in-law, Tony, was in a bad motorcycle accident today. He has multiple injuries and is currently in ICU. Also, I may not be on much for a bit. Am having some health issues of my own. I would ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers as well. Sorry I have been so neglectful of you all lately. I hope to make it up ASAP. Lots of love!~ Susan